We generally provide the best software quality we possibly can. Unforfunatly, there is no bug-free software. This is why we transparently provide information about known issues, and how to work with our application(s), despite them.
When you are trying to update or remove a survey from a Path (or if you try to copy the Path, afterwards), the Path is loading infinitely, or produces an 'unable to load' error.
Related survey data (i.e. a minimum of 1 response to the survey) already exists. The issue can be reproduced as follows:
1. Create (and publish) a Path, and make sure to include a Step of the type 'Survey'.
2. Open the Catalog, start the Path that includes the Survey, and complete it.
3. Go back to 'Manage Paths', edit the Path, delete the Survey from the Path.
4. Observe the issue: the interface is loading indefinitely, or throws an error 'unable to load Path data', after a while.
In July 2020, a new version of SmarterPath was released in order to facilitate comprehensive updates to your learning processes, while ensuring data quality, specifically Reporting functionality. The application now handles these exceptions better, on a fundamental level, and it also provides more clear feedback on its status when this situation occurs. This includes more detailed instructions on how to resolve the issue, exactly.
The main guideline, either way, is to create a new Path, potentially by copying the original one, if (survey) data already exists and the Path cannot be edited (fully / correctly). The application is working as intended, when Paths with linked data cannot be edited, since it would compromise that data.
Alternative: fix / Workaround
This is how to apply the workaround that is available, while we work to fix this issue:
1. Contact Pokeshot with a request to reset your Path.
2. Await confirmation of the reset from Pokeshot.
3. Go back to 'Manage Paths', click 'Settings' and then select 'Copy Path'.
4. Delete the survey, update the Path and publish the new version.