SmarterPath is an add-in for SharePoint online and has to be installed on a SharePoint site (root or non-root site). You can download the installation Guide below!
All users who have access to this SharePoint site can access SmarterPath. What are the requirements?
1. Office 365 Enterprise package (E1, E3 or E5)
2. One user with permission to install add-ins
3. SharePoint online access:
- manage access to tenant (not full access): SmarterPath needs to get the list of the SharePoint site users to manage users in SmarterPath, e.g. Assignments.
- manage access to site collection (not full access): SmarterPath needs access to the Documents uploaded in a SharePoint site in order to integrate them into Paths or to see set the SmarterPath Language based on a SharePoint site language.
- manage access to web (not full access): SmarterPath needs the unique web ID to filter data for each Office 365.
4. Office 365 global Admin (to authorize Graph access):
- User.Read: delegate access to current User profile (SmarterPath needs to know who the current user is that opens SmarterPath, because the login process is handled by Office 365.)
- Add-in (SmarterPath) access:
- Calendars.ReadWrite: Access to calendars (Any activity in SmarterPath with a due date will create an Exchange calendar event in the users work calendar. For example if a user enrolls in a Path with a due date or in a Live-Training session.)
- User.Read.All: Access to User profiles (SmarterPath has a people picker, e.g for assigning a Path to specific users or making someone an Instructor of a Live-Training session. Therefore SmarterPath needs the users profile data, such as Name, Email, Profile Picture, Department and Display Name.)
- Directory.read and Directory.ReadWriteAll: Access to get Office 365 User roles (The SmarterPath Management settings need to know what current role in Office 365 the current user has, because some global settings can only be managed by Office 365 global Admin users.)
- Mail.Send: Access to send emails to users (SmarterPath sends out notifications to users for certain actions, like getting a Path assigned, completing a Path successfully or if someone is made an owner of a Path).